POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Assistance with projection simulation required. : Re: Assistance with projection simulation required. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:23:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Assistance with projection simulation required.
From: Paul Bourke
Date: 1 Jul 2008 06:25:01
Message: <web.486a05c7945ca1b097a038180@news.povray.org>
> How do you mean breaks down? Your model renders and the images are shown
> overlapping on the dome when viewed from outside the dome.

Not so.

The parallel projection doesn't count, you can't tell the front face isn't being
illuminated due to symmetry.

The 90 degree perspective view is from the inside of the dome, 1 mm from the
back surface. If I move the camera back the image is not visible on the closest
face of the dome.

The spherical projection is obviously from the inside.